Installing the Waze App on your device is very simple. But after installing you should know How to use Waze App. As this is a navigation app, there will be some tactics to use and to understand Waze. The things you need know about Waze app is how to create Waze account, basic settings, how to connect Waze to a car, How to use Waze on Android Auto, etc. You can see all those on one page. So, just scroll down and get complete knowledge on How to use Waze.
Waze How to use?
Waze is one of our favorite navigation apps. It’s just like Google Maps and finding the differences between these two is a bit difficult. But Waze can be awesome with the right tweaks particularly in the cities with more traffic. So, for driving it would be better to use the Waze for rerouting on the fly, altering you to various incidents and police and more. Unlike Google Maps there are some little features in Waze like Road closure information and traffic jam estimations. This says the answer for “Does Google Maps use Waze?” is No.
As Waze is an awesome app, it is important for you to know how to use Waze offline on your device. You will need this app in the big cities or places with lots of traffic. So first download the Waze app on your device, install it and follow the below guidelines to use the Waze app without any complications. After installing the app, you need to create the account and login with your Username and password to start using the app. So, whats late? avoid the irritating traffic jams by checking the steps regarding How to use the Waze App.
How To Use Waze App to Avoid Traffic Jams?
- Open Waze Android on the device you have downloaded. Tap on the App icon to open the app.
- Then, you will find the search icon at the bottom left corner of the screen. Enter the destination. There you can add address location here. While typing the destination you will get the suggestions in the search bar.
- Tap on “Go”—-> Routes. View all the available routes. In case, if you find the route with the red circle it denotes traffic jam. If you find the yellow circle, it indicates the potential accidents and other Hazards. Click on traffic free route.
- Then, you can get the primary routes and directions to reach the destination.
- Finally, the Route options along with the time to reach will be displayed just as shown in the below image.
If you stuck in the traffic you need to determine another route on Waze. At that time you can follow the above steps to get away from the traffic jams.
See how to install Waze Android
How to Create Waze Account?
- To use the app you have to create a Waze account. This Waze account can be created easily with the following steps.
- After successful installation of the App, click on the Waze icon on your phone/ tablet.
- Tap “Get Started”. Scroll down the menu and accept the license agreement.
- Tap on Accept terms and Conditions.
- Go to Menu—-> Settings—-> Create account & Login.
- You may also Sign up with the Phone/ Facebook.
- If you choose the registration with Phone number then you will get the verification code to your phone.
- Set a password. Do not forget the password and these login details are required whenever you Sign in Waze App.
- Finally, you can use the Login and password to enjoy the app to save fuel and money.
To get started with the Waze app you have to register your details. If you don’t know Waze registration process, just simply follow the above process. Moreover, you can also use the Waze with the temporary user.
Waze App – Basic Settings
Step 1: Change your User Name
- Tap on Menu—-> Settings.
- Scroll down the page—–> Tap on Account and Log in.
- Select Username and enter the name you would like to use.
Step 2: Add an Email id to your Account
- Tap on menu—–> Go to settings.
- Scroll down Menu —–> Tap on Account and Log in.
- Enter Email and add/edit the address.
Step 3: Change Car icon
- Go to Menu—-> Settings.
- Click on Display settings.
- Choose My car —-> Tap the icon you like.
Step 4: Change Distance Units
- Tap on the Menu—–> go to settings.
- Tap on general.
- Select the unit you would like to use.
Before you start using the Waze Android, the above basic settings are mandatory. So, follow the above steps to complete the basic settings.
How to Delete Waze Account?
- Tap on Menu—–> Settings.
- Go to Account & Login ——-> Click on “Delete Account”.
- It asks for Confirmation—-> Tap on Confirm.
- You must also enter the credentials for verifications.
Android Auto Waze
The “Android Auto” is an excellent feature which is developed by the Google. It allows all the Android devices run on Android Automobile app which offers a customized user interface while traveling in a vehicle. You need to connect to Android auto enabled head in the vehicle. Also, you must have a car that supports the Android Auto feature. You can connect to the Waze via car display/ touch screen/ Steering wheel button and other mounted controls.
Just like mobile other mobile apps, the Waze also has a Waze Android Auto is also available. It gives the updates on delays, accidents, hazards and real-time traffic using the Google Maps. The power of the Waze Android will be always there for you in the car with you. You not only get the fastest routes and roads you can also get the following. Check below points to know How to use Waze on Android Auto.
- Navigate to all frequent destinations as per the program in the Waze app with a single tap.
- Start driving with the voice command and “OK Google” to inform Waze where you wish to go.
- Receive audio and visual alerts.
- Access personalized experience from a car.
- Easy to view ETA panel.
- Share the accident info and help the Wazers on road through a visual reporting menu.
- Android Auto Waze is functional in the English language and it will be updated to other languages soon.
Note on How to use Waze on Android Auto:
Waze Android Auto beta can be accessed in all countries where Android Auto is available. To receive the updates on Waze for Android Auto you must integrate the Android Auto on the home screen. To use the Waze on Android device you need to have the updated Waze Android on your device.
Check how to download Waze for PC
Know How to use Waze on iPhone
How to Connect Waze App to your Car?
- First of all, make sure you have installed the latest version of 2 apps on Android mobile.
- Now, connect the Mobile phone to the car USB port using a cable.
- Select Waze App from Navigation App footer.
- Start your drive and enter the location.
- Enjoy the drive without any obstacles.
This is all about the Waze Download APK and Waze 4.0 Android. We hope this article will be so helpful for you to download Waze APK. But, if you face any trouble while installing the app just place a comment in the comment box. Then, we will try to help you out with a good solution. However, our site is exclusive for the Waze app, you can get all Waze updates from here. So, you may regularly visit our site to Know Whats New in Waze APK.
How much data does Waze use?
Does Waze App use Data? If you have a wi-fi connection, there will be no data consumed. Also, if you use wi-fi for the first time, it would be better as Waze has to download some maps, languages and other stuff. If you are using mobile data means it will consume some data. If you are under the second category, then you will definitely want to know How much data does Waze use. By reading this you can get the solution for the question that Does Waze use a lot of data.
As per many users, if you have no map-cache, then the Waze will consume fewer data i.e., up 70 to 80 MB for each month. For 1 hour driving in 3D mode, it consumes up to 4MB and in 2D mode, it takes up to 2MB. So, now you will not have a doubt that ‘does Waze use data or not’.
How to use Waze while Driving?
- First of all, install Waze app on your mobile.
- Connect it to the vehicle navigation system on which you are driving.
- Set the Waze username.
- Enter the current location and destination.
- That’s it, you can use Waze while driving.
Hope this article will be helpful for all the Waze users to know the proper usage of the app for multiple purposes. However, the Waze user manual pdf is available online.